Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
MarioTunes
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

New BES on new Exchange site use existing BESadmin account.

Hello,

We have 5 AD sites and one domain (domain.local), in 1 AD site we have Exchange 2010 (@site1.com) and BES 5.0.3,  we are going to install Exchange 2010 (@site2.com) to AD site 2 and install BES 5.0.3 on this site.

BES on AD site 2 should working with Exchange 2010 on site 2 (@site2.com).

Can I use existing BESadmin account to create and manage BES on site 2 for Exchange on site 2?

How many standalone BES servers can been installed in one domain (domain.local)?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: New BES on new Exchange site use existing BESadmin account.

MarioTunes wrote:

Hello,

We have 5 AD sites and one domain (domain.local), in 1 AD site we have Exchange 2010 (@site1.com) and BES 5.0.3,  we are going to install Exchange 2010 (@site2.com) to AD site 2 and install BES 5.0.3 on this site.

BES on AD site 2 should working with Exchange 2010 on site 2 (@site2.com).

Can I use existing BESadmin account to create and manage BES on site 2 for Exchange on site 2? Yes you can but...

How many standalone BES servers can been installed in one domain (domain.local)? Unlimited

Thank you

are your AD sites in a diff geological location?

running all BES on same database?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MarioTunes

Thank you for quick reply, what do you mean by "but" ?

May be easy to create BESadmin2 for this site?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

MarioTunes wrote:

Thank you for quick reply, what do you mean by "but" ?

May be easy to create BESadmin2 for this site?

You did not answer my questions so it is hard to answer.

if all server are in one geographical location then use the same BESAdmin account.

if not then make a new account for that location and make sure it resides on the mail store.

this is so if your main mail server goes down it will not affect your remote one.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MarioTunes

Sorry, I missed your questions.

Are your AD sites in a diff geological location? - yes it is. That I should create new account (let say BESadmin2) on the new Exchange Server on site 2

running all BES on same database? - all BES servers stand alone servers and running dedicated SQL express from BES installation package.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

MarioTunes wrote:

Sorry, I missed your questions.

Are your AD sites in a diff geological location? - yes it is. That I should create new account (let say BESadmin2) on the new Exchange Server on site 2

running all BES on same database? - all BES servers stand alone servers and running dedicated SQL express from BES installation package.

with separate databases then yes do make a second BESAdmin account for that location would be wise.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MarioTunes

Thank you for your answer and one more question.

We have following configuration with another customer, Exchange 2007 and BES 4.1.7 and we are going to migrate them to Exchange 2010 and BES 5.0.3 express. I am going to use Transporter to migrate blackberry users accounts to the new BES Server. All servers are located in one data center and as I understand I do not need to create additional BESadmin account?

Please criticize my steps:

1) Create new BES 5.0.3 server and pointed it to new Exchange 2010

2) Install Transporter on BES 5.0.3

3) Move blackberry accounts to the new BES 5.0.3 server (mailboxes still on old Exchange 2007)

4) Move mailboxes to the new Exchange 2010 server

5) Move BESAdmin mail account from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

MarioTunes wrote:

Thank you for your answer and one more question.

We have following configuration with another customer, Exchange 2007 and BES 4.1.7 and we are going to migrate them to Exchange 2010 and BES 5.0.3 express. I am going to use Transporter to migrate blackberry users accounts to the new BES Server. All servers are located in one data center and as I understand I do not need to create additional BESadmin account?

Please criticize my steps:

1) Create new BES 5.0.3 server and pointed it to new Exchange 2010

2) Install Transporter on BES 5.0.3

3) Move blackberry accounts to the new BES 5.0.3 server (mailboxes still on old Exchange 2007)

4) Move mailboxes to the new Exchange 2010 server

5) Move BESAdmin mail account from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010

Thank you

I would install BES 5 with BESAdmin account on 2007 mail store still

install transporter

then move everyon over to BES 5.

once finished follow this but you dont have to move all milboxes at once

How to migrate the BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 from Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or 2007 to M...

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MarioTunes

Correct me if I am wrong.

When we install BES 5 with BESAdmin account on 2007 mail store still, the MAPI profile should be pointed to 2007?

1)Then I should move everyone over to BES 5

2)Then move mailboxes one by one

when I should move BESadmin account to the new BES and mailbox to the Exchange 2010 mail store ?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.