Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
albertobarbero
My Device: bold
My Carrier: Swisscom
Accepted Solution

New server Exchange Windows SBS 2011 with Existing BES server

Hallo everybody,

My customer has change the old SBS 2003 server with a new one (SBS 2011, Exchange 2010 with new Domain.

Now we need to connect Server BES with the new Server Exchange, I have created the uses BESAdmin in the new domain with the correct permission, and i have put in the domain the machine BES server.

I can't move the mailbox, but i think to export to PST the old mailbox and then import the pst in the new exchange.

At the moment i have an error when i try to EDIT MAPI PROFILE.

Which is the correct procedure for connect the BES server to the new server Exchange in the new domain ?

Perhaps In this situation i need to follow the procedure for new Blackberry Enterprise Server account ?

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04293

Thanks,

Alberto

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: New server Exchange Windows SBS 2011 with Existing BES server

you have to install BES on a server that is joined to the new domain or on the new SBS server

What version BES are you on now?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
albertobarbero

[ Edited ]

i have already installed a new SBS server (SBS2011) and now i would like to connect the Server BES (again connect to old SBS ) with the new Server...

the Server BES is installed omn stand-alone machine..

the server BES is 5.0.2.29 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you have to join old BES server to the new domain, it might be easier to reinstall it with a new BB database as the permissions will not be correct from old domain to new domain.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
albertobarbero

.. do you think could be a problem the BB Database permission ? also if on server BES there is only MSDE ??

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

does the NEW SBS server exist in the same exchange org as the old one?

if not then you must install from scratch the New BES.

There are no shortcuts around this.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
albertobarbero

For "Exhcnage org" do you means the same domain mail ? 

i have recreated the all mailboxes on the new Exchange server ,it has the same domain mail and mailboxes that old one, and at the moment it's replace the old Exchange, and receive the mail for the same domain...

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

did you make a new domain or did you add to your existing one when installing the new SBS server?

I think you made a new one and what you want to do is not possible.

You have to install BES from scratch on a server joined to the new domain that the new SBS server resides on.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
albertobarbero

Yes I have made a new domain for the new SBS Server, so there isn't way to change the exchange server on BES for a new one in new domain, also if i import in the BES server the registry key "resarch in Motion" for the newdomain\BESAdmin ??

Thanks, for your support.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

you need to start from scratch, no way around it

Please use plain text.