Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

One user with constant BB problems synch problems

Hi

We are using Exchange 2003 SP2 and BES 4.1.6

We have one user who seems to have constant synch problems. Generally, in the morning she will delete a bunch of mails from her BB, but by the time she gets to the office, they are still visible in her Outlook.

We have changed her BB, recreated her BES account, moved her BES account to a different server etc....still doesn't help.

I'm starting to think the problem is with the hidden BES folders in her Outlook, or at least something in that manner.

So, we were thinking of placing exmerging her mailbox to PST, deleting the mailbox, then recreating the mailbox and exmerging all items back. We'd also delete/recreate her BES account.

Has anyone done this before or have any advise? Unfortunately, this one person is one of the most senior in the company :smileysad:

One thing I did notice - she says her BB is only on for 5 mins before she starts deleting items (presumabely she turns it off at night)...would this cause an issue? Does a BB need time to synch before you can delete items from it?

Any help appreciated!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: One user with constant BB problems synch problems

silly question but:

go to messages> options> email reconciliation, make sure delte on is set to mailbox and handheld and the on conflicts is set to mailbox wins.

Let me know if/when this is done before we investigate further.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Have you tried doing a /resetfolders on the machine outlook is installed?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks guys - the mailbox wins setting is already there.

Regarding the resetfolders switch, how does this work/what does it do?

Cheers!