Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Open connection

I am SQL Server DBA & new to Blackberry. I need help on this particular problem that i am having.

i am seeing like 30-45 connection are open on SQL Server 2005 where i see the Status of those SPID is "Sleeping". Its my understanding if i corelate this to connection pooling in IIS where connection can be closed once required work is completed. it can be configured Min & Max connection.

Is there way that this connections can be handled from BlackBerry. As i don't want to kill thos connection SPID on SQL Server.

Any help or pointers are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Jay

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Open connection

Do you have the Database Auto closing?

it is recommended to not to.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thaks for the feedback. but this is not about AUTO closing Database. i see atleast 50 connection to SQL Server Database with the STATUS of those SPIDs as "SLEEPING"

STATUS "SLEEPING" has a different meaning in SQL Server & one of is in-active. so after doing further research. i see that connection is open. what i want something like connection pooling or atleast want Blackberry to close the connection. Connection Pooling is not possible as BlackBerry is making connection directly to SQL Server 2005.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I see what you mean now.

I have over 100 my self.

now to investigate it some more.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

[ Edited ]

I checked the SPID date started on mine and it was the same time as a windows update occured on SQL and the SQL server rebooted at that time.

I restarted the BES and they still were sleeping.

I then stopped the BES services and took database offline then back online

Started BES and all looks well at the moment. only 2 are sleeping now from BES, I can live with that.

I will monitor the rest of the day to see any changes.

Message Edited by knottyrope on 08-27-2008 01:36 PM

New Contributor

But i think there should be more better way to handle this situation rather than stopping services or to take DB offline.
Guru III
My Device:

[ Edited ]

Must be a better way, but I was able to solve it that way.

Only took like 2 minutes.

Update: only 2 are still showing.

Will see what happens tonight after backup runs.

Message Edited by knottyrope on 08-27-2008 05:17 PM

Guru III
My Device:

OMG, I am so wrong about this.

Router service failed to start and no one called in to complain in 7 hours.

I am embarassed and laughing at the same time.

I am seeing over a 100 now.

Smiley Sad