Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
mcornejo
My Device: Not Specified

Password Keeper

I have just moved one of my clients from one hosted exchange service to another and one of the users was concerned about Password Keeper being sync'd back to his phone after the wipe. He did not back it up before the wipe and he told me that he usually gets it sync'd through BES and I did not know if it would transfer over to the new hosted service along with all the passwords he had in it. Anyone knoe of this and if it works?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Password Keeper

Password keeper backup is in the database of BES encrypted of course, if the user was removed from BES and the device wiped, It is gone.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
mcornejo
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the reply. I will have to break the news to him.

Anelko
My Device: BlackBerry 9700

Hello,

We are having the same issue with an user migrated from one BES to another, which are in different organizations.

I have tried creating a new mailbox for the user in the source organization, setting all attributes as prior the move of the mailbox to the other organization.  The user was not removed from source BES.

We tried setting new activation password , but activation of the device is failing.

Is there a way to get the users password keeper files from the source BES and providing them to him on the new BES?

Can you please advise if  we still have the user not removed from the source BES , will it be possible somehow to get the pass keeper restored ?

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Anelko

Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB

B*Nator can migrate users while keeping the wireless backup. If you want to do that manually you have to use desktop manager with backup/restore.