Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Password Reset

I forgot my password. Does anyone know how to tell me how to reset it without doing it 10 times and losing all my data. I have not yet sinked it to my laptop. Can I sink it without knowing my password and then reset the Blackberry (losing all data) and then resink it from my desktop after I reset my password?
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Password Reset

Garyfreedman wrote:
I forgot my password. Does anyone know how to tell me how to reset it without doing it 10 times and losing all my data. I have not yet sinked it to my laptop. Can I sink it without knowing my password and then reset the Blackberry (losing all data) and then resink it from my desktop after I reset my password?

How's about you start your own thread instead of hijacking someone elses ... which has nothing to do with your issue at hand.

If you are connected to a BES you can have your BES Admin set the password for you, otherwise you're out of luck.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Andy,

I am sorry if I inappropriately posted. This is my first time using a blog and I do not know the proper etiquette. I could not figure out how to post or where I was supposed to post.

Can I sink  my Blackberry to Desktop software before I reset, so as not to lose my data?

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Garyfreedman wrote:

Andy,

I am sorry if I inappropriately posted. This is my first time using a blog and I do not know the proper etiquette. I could not figure out how to post or where I was supposed to post.

Can I sink  my Blackberry to Desktop software before I reset, so as not to lose my data?

No, you cannot sync your BlackBerry handheld to the Desktop software without the password.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/