Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
amitaggarwal
My Device: Not Specified

Point BES server to new Exchange 2007 server

Hello,

We have recently shifted our Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 email server. All the Blackberry users mailboxes are moved to the new Exchange 2007 server. The BESAdmin account is still on the old Exchange 2003 server. Our BES Server is still pointing to the old Exchange 2003 server. I would like to know what steps I need to take so that the BES server points to the new Exchange 2007 and all the users are able to use Blackberry without any downtime. We need to decommission our old Exchange 2003 server. So in that effect we need to point the BES server to the new Exchange 2007 server.

Thanks,
Amit
Trusted Contributor
MattUK
My Device: All of them

Re: Point BES server to new Exchange 2007 server

If its in the same org then you shouldn't need to do anything if the permissions are all set correctly across the servers since the GAL is the same and the users will just pull from the new servers.

==============================
Be alert!
.. The world needs more lerts.

If someone has helped answer your problem, or you think their post is useful, why not hit the green KUDOS button to thank them?
Contributor
amitaggarwal

Yes both the servers are in the same network and organization. People are able to receive and send out emails are the Blackberry device.

My question was that when I open the Blackberry Manager, under the servers list I see only the old exchange server. I need to change it so that it points to the new exchange 2007 server .

Thanks
Trusted Contributor
MattUK
My Device: All of them

Not sure I understand.  In my Blackberry console I do not see any Exchange servers, only the BES servers and services such as MDS / BBIM and that they talk to Exchange.  Can you expand?
==============================
Be alert!
.. The world needs more lerts.

If someone has helped answer your problem, or you think their post is useful, why not hit the green KUDOS button to thank them?
Contributor
amitaggarwal

I guess we will be using this link for change over:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB14502&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forwa...

Please let me know if there is any better solution or steps.
Forums Advisor I
bbinmyhart
My Device: Z10

I think  you meant that you have BES server installed on old Exchange server, right?
Contributor
amitaggarwal

yes right.

I have 2 sites. In one bes server and exchange are on the same box. In the other bes and exchange are on different box. Now both the sites are moved to exchange 2007. We need to remove the old exchange 2003. All the BB users are moved to the new exchange. The BES admin account is still on the old exchange 2003 server. I wanted to know what steps I need to take for bes before removing the old exchange.
Forums Advisor I
bbinmyhart

Do you use remote full sql box for database or  local MSDE?
Contributor
amitaggarwal

local MSDE.

I don't know how to configure the remote SQL server for BES.
Forums Advisor I
bbinmyhart

Well during initial install of the BES you select remote database instead of Local, then specify sql server name accept or change BESMGMT database name and the rest is done by BES. If you have good link in between sites ideally you'd have both BES servers connected to one DB.