Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Possible for one BES to link to 2 exchange servers in 2 domains

At present, our setup is domain A, with a 4.1.5 BES server, talking to a 2003 SP2 exchange server with most of our users on (450)

We have a smaller domain with trusts, which has an older BES server, running 4.0.x, talking to a 2000 exchange server.

We'd like the 4.1.6 BES to be the only BES we have, and have this setup to both exchange servers.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Possible for one BES to link to 2 exchange servers in 2 domains

If both domains are a part of the same Exchange organization; yes.  Otherwise, no.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor

thanks, exchange admins say different organisation Smiley Sad As the older exchange is 2000, am i able to build a new BES server to replace the flakey 4.0 server i have, with a new 4.1.6 server? Will 4.1.6 talk to exchange 2000? Thanks
Forums Veteran II

rorton wrote:
thanks, exchange admins say different organisation Smiley Sad As the older exchange is 2000, am i able to build a new BES server to replace the flakey 4.0 server i have, with a new 4.1.6 server? Will 4.1.6 talk to exchange 2000? Thanks

BES 4.1 SP6 is supported and will work with Exchange 2000 ... I would really look to moving to Exchange 2007.

New Contributor

thanks, we are slowly migrating people away from this server, so cant justify the cost to upgrade exchange, but we can upgrade the BES. so will look at that.

If i have Blackberry manager installed on my PC, will i be able to set that application up to look at both BES servers for admin purposes?

Forums Veteran II

You need to make sure the version of the BlackBerry Manager matches the version of the database that your BlackBerry servers are using.  This is effectively defined as the version of the BES which is the highest in a database.  So if you have 2 BES sharing 1 database and 1 BES is 4.1.1 and the other is 4.1.6; you need to use the 4.1.6 manager to manage everything.  Using the 4.1.1 Manager could break things.

That said, if you're using a 4.0.x BES in one environment and 4.1.x in another you don't want to be using the same manager.

If you launch the BlackBerry Manager and go to Tools > Options > Database  you can however change the database to connect to right there.