Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
lolaisodd
My Device: Not Specified

Preparations for the Eastern and Central Australia DST changeover

The Eastern and Central Australia DST change will occur this weekend. I thought this might help any people in doubt regarding the preparation for the changeover.

BlackBerry Knowledge Base article for Microsoft Exchange users - KB15058

* All administrators should install the time zone update for Windows® operating system and update the CDO.dll on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. For more information, check Microsoft Support site for 943068.

Note: A known issue exists (SDR138787) as a result of applying the above CDO.dll. A duplicate appointment may occur if meetings are updated after they have been accepted.

It is recommended that your BlackBerry Enterprise Server should be version 4.0.7 MR2 or 4.1.4 MR4.

For BlackBerry Enterprise Servers with only BlackBerry smartphones installed with 4.2 handheld software and above, you do not need to install the patch onto each BlackBerry. You just have to apply a SQL script against the BlackBerry Configuration Database (also commonly known as BESMgmt). To apply the SQL script:

1. Download the TimeZoneUpdate20080207.zip and extract it on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

Important: Do not modify the file structure of TimeZoneUpdate20080207.zip.

2. On the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, open a command prompt and navigate into the root folder where the LoadSyncDeviceConfig.sql script is contained. Enter the appropriate command for your environment. The following is a example command if you are using a default database name and a remote Microsoft SQL Server:

BBDBUpdate.exe –db BESMgmt -n SQL.domain.com -input .\SQLServer\LoadSyncDeviceConfig.sql

The full command syntax is as follows:

BBDBUpdate.exe –db <Database Name> -dbms <SQL> -n <SQL Server Name> -dbauth –dbuser <User Name> -dbpass <Password> -input <.\SQLServer\LoadSyncDeviceConfig.sql>

Where

• <Database Name> is the name of the BlackBerry Configuration Database
  • <SQL> is selected if you are running a Microsoft SQL Server in your environment
  • <SQL Server Name> is the Microsoft SQL Server name
  • <User Name> is the appropriate user name for Microsoft SQL Server authentication
  • <Password> is the appropriate password for Microsoft SQL Server authentication
  • <.\SQLServer\LoadSyncDeviceConfig.sql> is the Microsoft SQL Server Location for the LoadSyncDeviceConfig.sql script when using a Microsoft SQL Server

Once the command has been executed, you should see:

input LoadSyncDeviceConfig.sql
BlackBerry Configuration Database Update tool Version 4.1.4.8
Copyright (c) Research In Motion, Ltd. 2000-2007. All rights reserved.
Modification date: Aug 8 2007

[20000] (13:15:10.125):{0x1AF4} Connect to database server: <insert BES name>
[20000] (13:15:10.125):{0x1AF4} Database name: BESmgmt
[20000] (13:15:10.140):{0x1AF4} Database connection opened!
[20000] (13:15:10.140):{0x1AF4} Reading input file: LoadSyncDeviceConfig.sql
[20000] (13:15:10.621):{0x1AF4} The SQL commands completed successfully.

For BlackBerry Enterprise Servers with BlackBerry smartphones running software version 4.1 and 4.2, you have to do the 2 steps listed below:

1. Apply a SQL script against the BlackBerry Configuration Database (also commonly known as BESMgmt) for the BlackBerry smartphones running 4.2 handheld software code. Please refer to the instructions above.

2.Install the patch named "4.1MR4+_Patch.zip" for BlackBerry smartphones running 4.1+ handheld software by either one of the three methods:

- Using the Application Loader BlackBerry® Desktop Manager (get the patch here)/(instructions)

- Downloading the patch over-the-air from the BlackBerry smartphone (get the patch here)

- Preparing a software configuration for wireless deployment (instructions)

4.1MR4+_Patch.zip resolves the DST 2008 issue if you are running any of the below codes:

• BlackBerry Device Software 4.1.0.344 through 4.1.0.365
  • BlackBerry Device Software 4.1.0.373
  • BlackBerry Device Software 4.1.0.375 through 4.1.0.385

To test:

Set its date to 1:59 am October 5th 2008, when it rolls over to 2:00 am it should roll over to 3:00 am.

I hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
TheOracle

Re: Preparations for the Eastern and Central Australia DST changeover

Thanks for posting this! It provides another avenue for people to get this important information.
:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Grundignz

[ Edited ]

I am in New Zealand we also have got our rollback to New Zealand Standard Time this weekend.

I have ran the database changes with no errors, i have installed the timezoneupdater and wireless pushed out to devices with BES reporting the application push up to date.

But when i test the roll over my device doesn't change the time it rolls over to 3am.

Device 7130v

Blackberry version 4.2.1.101

BES 4.1.4.26

CDO.dll 6.5.7653.8

Any suggestions to resolve this would be appreciated i am new to BES

Message Edited by Grundignz on 04-02-2008 03:28 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lolaisodd

I assume this is happening to all users?

The CDO.dll looks like the correct version to me. How many CDO.dll files do you have when you run a search? There could always be the possibility of having another CDO.dll in a different location and the BES is using the wrong version. So, make sure that you have registered the CDO.dll that you are using.

And how did you do your test? Did you set it to 1.59 a.m. then wait for one hour and one minute to pass by before seeing if the time changes back to 2 a.m. I heard if you set your time to 2.59 a.m. then wait for one minute, it might not work. 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
TheOracle

lolaisodd wrote:

And how did you do your test? Did you set it to 1.59 a.m. then wait for one hour and one minute to pass by before seeing if the time changes back to 2 a.m. I heard if you set your time to 2.59 a.m. then wait for one minute, it might not work. 

This is correct. You need to set the clock back in the appropriate way to test the change.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Grundignz

Thanks for all your replies it has rolled over succesfully on my Blackberry, Now to just hope that it sync's the correct time with exchange on Monday for appointments
Please use plain text.