Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
rsirwaturai
My Device: Bold 9900

Problem with BES 5.0 and Exchange 2013

Some problem occured after we upgrade our Exchange server from 2003 to 2013, and our BES from 4.1.7 to 5.0.4

1. There is a delay for the read reconciliation. If we read an email from Outlook, the email in device still appear unread until approximately next 30 minutes. But if we read an email from device, the email in Outlook immidiately will turn to read.

2. When we compose a new email from device, the email will received as Plain Text although we already set to rich text format (HTML) in BES .

3. Along with point 2 above, there is extra "=" at the end of the message, although the user disable the signature and server disclaimer is disabled.

4. Automatic replies often not synchronized.

Case 1: automatic replies active but not syncronized. We activate automatic replies with new text "test 1". The automatic replies works but if we check into Outlook or OWA, the automatic replies text is not "test 1" but "old text". But all sender will receive "test 1" as the autoreply message.

Case 2: We activate autoreplies from Outlook or OWA with new text "test 2". The automatic replies activated in device with text "test 2"

Case 3: We activate autoreplies from device, the autoreply didnt work at all even in device still active. No matter we wait how long, the autoreply still doesn't activate in Exchange.

Anyone experience same issue?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Problem with BES 5.0 and Exchange 2013

rsirwaturai wrote:

Some problem occured after we upgrade our Exchange server from 2003 to 2013, and our BES from 4.1.7 to 5.0.4

1. There is a delay for the read reconciliation. If we read an email from Outlook, the email in device still appear unread until approximately next 30 minutes. But if we read an email from device, the email in Outlook immidiately will turn to read.

2. When we compose a new email from device, the email will received as Plain Text although we already set to rich text format (HTML) in BES .

3. Along with point 2 above, there is extra "=" at the end of the message, although the user disable the signature and server disclaimer is disabled.

4. Automatic replies often not synchronized.

Case 1: automatic replies active but not syncronized. We activate automatic replies with new text "test 1". The automatic replies works but if we check into Outlook or OWA, the automatic replies text is not "test 1" but "old text". But all sender will receive "test 1" as the autoreply message.

Case 2: We activate autoreplies from Outlook or OWA with new text "test 2". The automatic replies activated in device with text "test 2"

Case 3: We activate autoreplies from device, the autoreply didnt work at all even in device still active. No matter we wait how long, the autoreply still doesn't activate in Exchange.

Anyone experience same issue?

1 Correct

2 Correct

dont understand where this autoreply is being done

do you mean read reciepts?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
rsirwaturai

knottyrope wrote:

1 Correct

2 Correct

dont understand where this autoreply is being done

do you mean read reciepts?

No, its not read receipt. Its Out of Office Auto reply.

New Contributor
rsirwaturai

Now, after applying Exhange 2013 SP1, user cannot set out of office autoreply from their handheld. All other function working properly.