Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
brayveheart
My Device: Not Specified

Problems transferring diary to a new device that syncs with Outlook via BES

Hi

I have attempted several times to restore a backed-up calendar from a users personal BlackBerry (that's syncd with a personal ISP account) to a new BlackBerry device that syncs with our corporate BES server/Exchange.

When the diary gets restored to the corp device it shows up as a second calendar (when you choose Options in Calendar you can see 2 entries; one called "Desktop" and the other called "Device Default"). The Desktop calendar represents the corp calendar and teh Device Default is the restored personal calendar. The question is how do you restore the calendar in such a way that it gets merged with the corp calendar rather than showing up as a separate personal calendar.

I'm sure there must be a process written-up somewhere for doing this. Any help appreciated

Regards

Steve

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MattUK
My Device: All of them

Re: Problems transferring diary to a new device that syncs with Outlook via BES

Have a look at see what service books you have, sounds like you may have 2 calendar service books, you may need to delete it from the device before restoring.
==============================
Be alert!
.. The world needs more lerts.

If someone has helped answer your problem, or you think their post is useful, why not hit the green KUDOS button to thank them?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brayveheart

Matt

thanks for your reply. When i check the service book on the corp device before I start I have a Service Book entry called Desktop (CICAL) which I presume relates to the corp calendar. I will try switching off wireless connection, deleting this entry and restoring the cal from the backup and see what happens.

Steve

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brayveheart

Tried this but when it restores the previous calendar it shows up as "Device Default" and when the service book is sent back from BES to the device it simply creates a 2nd calendar called Desktop. I therefore end up with 2 calendars again.

Steve

Please use plain text.