Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Problems with activation user

did you try anthing from above?

check dataplan first

It is a BESAdmin rite of passage to go through the gauntlet of correcting the right BES data plan with your carrier.

Under Manage Connections on the device (OS 5 and higher), there's a services status which tells if connected to the data network.

For BES dataplan testing.

Want to check if a device is provisioned correctly?

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

Then use the Enterprise Activation Readiness tool.

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

Re: Problems with activation user

Hi,

I would start off with the basics:

1) All users affected or just this 1 user?

2) Did the user ever work before, if yes, it's most likely not related to a lack of BES services on the carrier side

3) On the BAS console, under Devices/Wireless Activations/View Activations, what is the status of the user?

4) Grep the MAGT logs using the username as keyword and check for the following entry: Queuing DATA from network@

5) Copy and paste the results of the Enterprise Activation process related to the user here and we'll tell where to go next!

Also consider running this powershell cmdlet to quickly check if the user's mailbox has ever received the network@etp.dat message in his mailbox:

$hub=Get-TransportServer <<NAME OF YOUR HUBCAS HERE>>*

$date = (get-date).tostring("MM/dd/yyyy")

$uid = "USERID HERE"

$recipient=(get-mailbox $uid).primarysmtpaddress

$results= $hub|%{Get-MessageTrackingLog -Start $date -Server $_.name -resultsize unlimited |?{$_.Recipients -eq $recipient -and $_.Sender -like "network@e*"}}

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! :smileyhappy: