Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Problems with the new BBM (v 5.0.33)

Hi, the latest BBM has some problems such as:

1- the nickname bar size in the chat is not fixed, meaning whenever the the other person changes the nickname and add some decorating symbols the nickname bar size changes and takes so much space so I cant read the chat properly unlike the previous version which doesn't change whatever the nickname was.

See the Pic

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6838/namebarf.jpg

2- In the main page the contacts box size is not fixed too so it is affected by the nickname unlike the previous version of BBM. It is really annoying. Furthermore, you can't move easily from one contact to another, it becomes slower.

See the Pic

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2274/sizeq.jpg

3- The menu contents and arrangement have been changed. It would preferred to keep it as it was.

See the Pic

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1573/menuil.jpg

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Problems with the new BBM (v 5.0.33)

not sure about your version but BBM (5.0.3.22) available on App World is the latest version

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

you're right, the version is 5.0.3.22

New Contributor

Any one fixed this bug?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I dont have any contacts with that log of a name.

send me a PM with your PIN if yours is that long so we can test.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V