Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
ManikandanP
My Device: Blackberry 8320
Accepted Solution

Push IT Policy with application Permission

I have requirement to create application control policy to set application permission to allow

1. Phone

2. SMS

3. Email/PIN etc

Do anyone know article explains step by step on how to do this?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Push IT Policy with application Permission

IT POLICY
You can find all the available IT policies from the Policy Reference Guide @
http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8067/645045/7963/1139827/Bla...

The Admin Guide will give you details information of how to assign IT policy
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/3510/BlackBerry_Enterprise_Server_Wireless_Software_Upgrad...

Basically
1. In the BlackBerry® Manager, in the left pane, click BlackBerry Domain.
2. On the Global tab, click Edit Properties.
3. Click IT Policy.
4. In the IT Policy Administration section, double-click IT Policies.
5. Click an IT policy.
6. Click Properties.

KB05392 - How to control and remove third-party applications using a software configuration

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor
ManikandanP

Thanks for your reply!

Actually I want to avoid prompt when my application listen to call logs, new email/PIN messages, SMS messages.

So to avoid prompt while accessing/listening to

Call logs -- I have to set policy "Phone Access application control policy rule"

Email/PIN message -- I did not find one, from the description it looks like "Message Access application control policy rule" is only to send and receive messages

MMS -- Did not find one

However there is a policy "Disposition application control policy rule" which allow us to make application trusted. is it mean trusted application can listen and read MMS, Email/PIN, call logs etc without getting alerts?

Please help me to understand how to avoid prompts from my application while reading the above values?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier
Regular Contributor
ManikandanP

Thanks links help me very well.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

glad to hear it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V