Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
tippo06
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Questions on Configuring Corporate Email and Personal Email

1. I currently use my BB for work email - Enterprise. Can I configure my AOL and other accounts on the same BB?

2.  If I can. Will I be able to view my emails in different folders? i.e. Work email in one folder and AOL in another.

3.  If the above is possible. Will my AOL and other personal email accounts push/sync with my outlook at work?

Thank you for help. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Questions on Configuring Corporate Email and Personal Email

1. I currently use my BB for work email - Enterprise. Can I configure my AOL and other accounts on the same BB?

Yes you can configure both in your BlackBerry.

2.  If I can. Will I be able to view my emails in different folders? i.e. Work email in one folder and AOL in another.

Yes your mail from AOL will arrive in different folder. However,  a copy of your personal mail (AOL) will also arrive in Messages folder which presentely getting all of your work mails. Reading a mail from Messages Folder will mark it as read in AOL folder. If you wish to have your work email in different folder other then Messages folder; you can use 3rd party application.  

3.  If the above is possible. Will my AOL and other personal email accounts push/sync with my outlook at work?

Push will be done and it will be near real time delivery. Sync will be read/unread and sent messages.

Mail Integartion steps-

As a BIS user you can integrate personl/work emails from your BlackBerry device using the following steps -
  1. Go to Email Settings icon on your device
  2. Login using the user name and password (if already set by you)
  3. Under Services click on Email Account
  4. Click on Add An Email Account to integrate any POP or IMAP enable email (i.e... gamil, hotmail, ISP mail etc)
  5. To create BlackBerry.net ID click on Create A BlackBerry Email Address
  6. Type your preferred User Name and enter your Password for that ID

After every successful email integration you'll receive an confirmation email from Activation Server. That's it!! You're done with BIS email ID integration.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tippo06

Tanzin, thank you for the answers. Regarding my last question. Will my AOL emails show up in my Outlook at work? If it will, what can I do to prevent it.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

tippo06 wrote:

Tanzin, thank you for the answers. Regarding my last question. Will my AOL emails show up in my Outlook at work? If it will, what can I do to prevent it.

Thanks again.

Your mail from AOL will not show up in Outlook

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
Visitor
morganjp

tanzim wrote:

Yes your mail from AOL will arrive in different folder. However,  a copy of your personal mail (AOL) will also arrive in Messages folder which presentely getting all of your work mails. Reading a mail from Messages Folder will mark it as read in AOL folder. If you wish to have your work email in different folder other then Messages folder; you can use 3rd party application.  

Is there a way to have your personal emails go only into the personal mail folder and only your work emails going into the main Messages folder? I I prefer not to have my personal emails going into the main Messages folder where my work emails go, especially since it is not easily discernable which account any particular email is intended for.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

morganjp wrote:

tanzim wrote:

Is there a way to have your personal emails go only into the personal mail folder and only your work emails going into the main Messages folder? I I prefer not to have my personal emails going into the main Messages folder where my work emails go, especially since it is not easily discernable which account any particular email is intended for.

No, but check this out: KB15164 - View BlackBerry Enterprise Server email messages only

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
omnimatt

Hi team,

Your posts have been very useful to read - much appreciated.

I am trying to get a definitive answer on a question I have...

I am a consultant and sometimes work with multiple clients.  I have my own Blackberry device but have one client who has me using one of their own email addresses running my Exchage work email to my Blackberry and then I have 2 other personal email accounts I set up (POP3) from my own domains/sites.

Is the mail coming in under my other 2 personal email accounts visible to my other client who has me on their service sending my Exchange emails to my device?

Are my text messages  visible to them as well?

Is there a way to tell or keep that from happening?

Thanks! 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Is the mail coming in under my other 2 personal email accounts visible to my other client who has me on their service sending my Exchange emails to my device?

- your personal email, setup via BIS only shows up on your BB, no one else have acces to it.

Are my text messages  visible to them as well?

-If they have BES server,  and your BB is set up on their BES and they have PIN,SMS and call log enabled, yes it will be visible on logs.

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11742

Is there a way to tell or keep that from happening?

As i said if logginf is enabled on BES for PIN,SMS and call log , there is no way to disable it.

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Please use plain text.