Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
dbokor
My Device: iPhone 4S
My Carrier: Verizon

Remove one BES 5 from multi-site installation...

I have 4 servers right now, and one of them needs to go away.  I read about stopping the services on the server first, than removing the BES object in the BES Admin Services console using the "trash" button, which will go through and verify if all conditions have been met, but my problem is that the other servers are somehow using this server that needs to go away, for routing.  Example..

ServerOne (needs to go away

ServerTwo

ServerThree

ServerFour

When I stopped all the services on ServerOne, I got a call instantly that emails were not routing on ServerTwo.  So I restarted them.  There are 0 users on ServerOne.  I verified, using the BB Server Configuration console, that ServerOne is not listed as an HA.  But where else can I check or what do I need to do to make sure that all mail routing still works when I disable/remove ServerOne.  If I remove the MDS-CS instances, will that automatically take it out as a routable server.  I looked at the other servers in BB Admin Services console and none reference ServerOne, but somewhere, somehow, they are using it for routing.  So, basically, how do you remove a currently active server from a multi-server site?

Thanks,

Daniel

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: Remove one BES 5 from multi-site installation...

Have a look to the server configuration panel in Start - Programs - etc. If the BB Router of BESOne is located there.
Before you can remove the BES from the database via the BAS website you need either to uninstall it or turn the whole (windows) server off.
Please use plain text.