Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Developer
jwoodall01
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Removing an app from a BB using BES

I developed an application using the BB JDE.  I published the application, signed it, and copied the COD and JAD out to a webserver.  I then installed the application by accessing the JAD file on the server.  If 5 people on our BES installed this application the same way, is there a way to delete the application from those user's BBs using the BES?  Or do you have to go into each BB and install it manually?

Thanks for your help!

Developer
kerseyr
My Device: 8900

Re: Removing an app from a BB using BES

Yoy could remove it using a ACP (Application Control Policy).

If you create a policy that has a disposition of disallowed and then assign it to a user they will lose any apps that they have installed that are not signed by RIM.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05392&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: Removing an app from a BB using BES

Better yet, create a software configuration with an application control policy that has this application listed within the policy and configure the application with an application control policy of a disposition to disallowed.  You'll need the cod and an alx (just like you created a jad, create an alx instead), and then you're only removing this one application from the HH and not all 3rd party apps ...  unless of course you want that too.

For 5 users though; I'd just remove the app.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/