Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Requirements for Adding New User account in BES 4.1

[ Edited ]

I have sent an email to Blackberry T-support, waiting for reply.

But still I tried some things on BES:

This time I entered email address in name field while adding new user on BES and test the EA, but not having success with it. An email is arrived in user's mailbox, but nothing happen next.
No activity in BES logs too.

One more thing, I am getting following message in ALRT log on BES. But, this is coming even before I started EA today.

[30000] (06/26 06:38:41.232):{0x240} Alarm::ThreadProc: Received an alarm message

[30000] (06/26 06:38:51.185):{0x90C} EventLog::ThreadProc: Received notification, processing...
[30000] (06/26 06:38:51.185):{0x90C} [Alarm::ActivateAlarm] Queuing alarm: <N/A> | BlackBerry Messaging Agent ABCSERVER Agent 1 (Application Event Log on ABCSERVER) | 06/26/2009 06:38:51  (EFFF2710) -> Failed to select IMAP 'inbox'
[30000] (06/26 06:38:51.185):{0x240} Alarm::ThreadProc: Received an alarm message

Any suggestions?

Message Edited by hemant on 06-26-2009 07:50 PM
o(-_-)o
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Please use plain text.
Developer

OK, Thanks for you reply.

I sent my query to RIM, still awaiting response from RIM.

I checked that post, this is  mentioned in the solved reply,

knottyrope wrote:

Check out this thread

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryEnterpriseSolution&message....

I a also doing the same thing, my IMAp server is fastmail.fm. Also, from BES test IMAP login is succeful.

Apart from tha, is there any other setting we need to do on BES to activate device th' EA.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hemant

o(-_-)o
Please use plain text.
Developer

BES for MDS server, EA Finally Got it working!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]
Hello All,

As per your suggestion, I contact RIM, but not got enough info from them too.

When I research more on it, then I am able to activate a BB device with BEs for MDS Server
I am using
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 for MDS Applications QuickStart Edition

Steps for Enterprise Activation(EA):
1. install the BEs on your server machine. Please go th' the BES installation guide.
2. After Installation succesful, For EA, we need to set IMAP setting in BlackBerry Server Configuration.
This is the most imp step. As, in BES for MDS, all activation is done by using this email account.
3. In IMAP setting, you need to enter
Messaging Server Info + Account info
You must enter Messaging server info which supports IMAP. Like fastmail.fm, pobox etc. I got it working with pobox.
Create account on that messaging server, and click test IMAP login, it should say, login to IMAP store succesful if there is not any issue.
4. Also, check all the windows services are running ok or not.
5. Add new user on BES.
Here u jst need to enter user name and PIN.
6. In BB Manager on BES, go to Blackberry domain, In service control and customization, click Enable Enterprise Service Policy .
7. After that, select the added user on BES. Right Click --> Edit properties. In Enterprise service Policy, Change ES Policy Override option to True.
6. Next, generate EA pwd for the user, select the user, Right Click --> Se Activation Pwd. Set the Pwd for the user.
7. Communicate this pwd to corrresponing user. Also, send hime the same IMAP email id, which we use in IMAP setting tab.
8. Next, user will go to EA screen on his BB. Will enter the email and pwd.
9. Click Activate.
10. Activation will start now. An email with ETP.dat attachment will be sent to IMAP acccount from BB device.
11. BES will read the email, and will generate a response.
12. If everyting goes well the device will be activated with BES, There are many articles available for troubleshotting the issues.

I Hope this post will be useful for the administrators, who are having issues while configuring BES for MDS server.

Thanks,
Hemant
Message Edited by hemant on 07-07-2009 06:42 PM
o(-_-)o
Please use plain text.