Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
k-man61
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Restore Password Keeper Files to Device

I had to do a wipe recently of my Bold 9700, v5.0.0.330, BES.  My IT people helped me reload the OS which caused me to lose all of my settings.  In the last few days I have reset everything but I'm missing all of my files in password keeper.

We performed a backup with DM, but when I go to Backup/Restore Advanced the files in password keeper are grayed out.  I've read on here to try to use either abcbedit or magicberry.  I've downloaded the free versions of both and neither of the apps shows the password keeper files.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  If I could simply see the files I can reenter all of them into password keeper.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Re: Restore Password Keeper Files to Device

Looks like that's because you're on a BES. Most of the databases that are grayed out are because they are set for wireless synchronization.

Have a look at this KB article

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11545

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
k-man61
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thank you jmrmb80.  Your assistance is greatly appreciated.  All files have been restored to Password Keeper.

Please use plain text.
JSapp
My Carrier: Verizon

Great resource!  I was able to restore PW Keeper on my Tour without issue.  Just a note, to "Undelete" the SYNC function after restoring the data, just hit the BlackBerry button and select "Undelete."  It just knew which function I needed to restore (SYNC).  Thanks again!

Please use plain text.