Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Restoring BIS to a device newly installed with BES

I would appreciate some help on this as searching the forums did not provide a solution. Our IT team has recently moved the corporate BBs from BIS to BES, with the obvious effect that all personal email accounts previously configured on BIS no longer work.

Although from looking at related posts it seems that it's possible to run BES and BIS concurrently on the same device, I couldn't find any instructions on how to add BIS accounts to a device already installed with BES.

When following the user route of the Setup Wizard on the 8900 (4.6, T-Mobile UK) the only available option is to set up a work email account with a BB Enterprise Server.

I will appreciate any advice on how to add BIS accounts in such case, and also, on which part of the IT policy needs to be changed to allow the Default MDS browser to be the Internet Browser instead of the BlackBerry Browser, to support 3rd party apps like Google Maps.

Many thanks!

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Restoring BIS to a device newly installed with BES

You need to login to the device's Email Settings application.

Steps to Resend BIS Service Books are mentioned below –

1.      Go to Email Settings icon on your device

2.      Login using the user name and password (if already set by you)

3.      Under Settings click on Service Books

4.      Click on Send Service Books

After every successful service book sending you'll receive a confirmation email from Activation Server.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Thanks Tanzim, however, I am afraid this is not the solution. In the main menu there is no such option as Email Settings. When accessing the Setup Wizard Email Settings, the only option available is the Enterprise Activation. When accessing the Email Settings from the message list view> Options, there is no possibility to login or send service books. When accessing the Service Books option from the Settings menu they can only be viewed and there are no other options available…

Any ideas?

BlackBerry Technical Advisor

The Email Settings is under "Setup" folder on the main screen. If not there, see if they are hidden.

Worst case is you can try logging into the carrier BIS site and then resent the service books from there but you should be able to do it from device side.

One thing to keep in mind is that your IT admin might have restricted policy pushed down to the device where device will not allow other emial service so that might be something to look at as well.