Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

yogi_bear_79
My Device: Not Specified

Retrieve listing of user CALs

I'm looking for a way to run a report and get the CALs associated with certain users.  Unfortunately I am not the BES administrator, so I must communicate my needs to them.  I recently asked for a report from their server where I identified my criteria for which users I wanted.  they ran the report and were able to produce a nice delimited file. However they said they cannot produce a report with the CALs.  My organization had not been tracking CALs, so we are doing an audit of all users.  There must be a way to see which user is using which CAL. If this can be done on the BES server, please give step by step instructions, as I must pass them on.  If this can be retrieved via the users device please provide those steps and I will have every user provide them.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
juwaack68
My Device: 9850 Torch
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Retrieve listing of user CALs

Welcome to the forums.

CALs are not assigned to specific users, so there is no way to get this information.  If a BES has 100 CALs, they 100 users can be added.  Simple as that.

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
Please use plain text.
yogi_bear_79
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]
Thanks for the tip!  I know there have been occasions where we have sent in a new user and a CAL, and they have told us it is in use by so & so.   Our BES supports many organizations, when we want to add a user, we must provide the device and the CAL to them. Maybe there is a way to export a list of all CALs on the server and we can manually search the list against the certificates we have?
Message Edited by yogi_bear_79 on 09-15-2008 01:34 PM
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
juwaack68
My Device: 9850 Torch
My Carrier: Sprint

It is possible to export a list of all CALs on the BES - a couple different ways.

1. The BES Admin can use the BlackBerry Resource Kit (BRK) to export the list.

2. The BES Admin can use a much easier SQL tool (if they know SQL) called Query Express.  If the BES database is MSDE (usually resident on the BES itself), then Query Express would most likely be installed on the BES (it's a single file application and I have it on 3 of my servers).  If the BES database is a remote SQL 2003/2005 database, then Query Express can be installed on a workstation on your network (like on the BES Admin's PC) and they just connect remotely to the database and run a SQL query).

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

select * from licensekeys

will give you a dump of all the license keys through a sql client interface.  look for everything starting with BESCAL and BES35X ...

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.