Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
RichardWillett
My Device: BlackBerry 9320

Ringtones being lost on device wipe

Hi all, just wondering if someone is able to assist me with a problem my organisation is currently facing.

We have recently completed a rollout of 2500 BlackBerry 9320's running v 7.1.1011 (2753) and we are falling victim to the ringtone deletion issues noted in KB35182

Whilst we look further into the possibilty of deploying OTA updates to our devices via the BES [5.0.3.31] which we have never had the need to do before i was wondering if there are any quick Policy changes that could help us to prevent this issue?

Has anyone else encountered this issue within their organisation and managed to successfully deploy a solution?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Ringtones being lost on device wipe

BlackBerry Enterprise Server customers can contact BlackBerry Technical Support Services to request a quick fix that can be pushed via the BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
RichardWillett
My Device: BlackBerry 9320

Re: Ringtones being lost on device wipe

Great - i'll give them a call

Thank you