Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Role Administration

I am the BES admin and log into the BB Manager using the BESadmin account. To lighten my admin role for daily tasks I allow othere members on my team to logon with the BESAdmin acocunt. I noticed the Role Administration tab and attemptedto add a user to rim_db_admin_handheld and get the following error; (Not able to add administrator association to the currently seleced role) I get that error on every group when adding a user. And right now the number of administrators in evert role is (0). Do I need to have the SQL DB do something or is there something I am doing wrong when adding the user? Here are the steps; click on role / click Add Aministrator / enter user id Domain\user / click ok / enter the admin password (and tried the users ldap password) / click ok - error message produced.
==================================================================
If I help you with any inquire, please click the kudos button - Thank you
And if my response solved your issue remeber to mark it as solved
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Role Administration

In the admin/installation guides, it does into great detail about creating role's for other users.

What version BES and mail platform are you using and I will post the direct link for simple instructions

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

just add a plain name(no domain info) for user name and set password

When you fire up remote manager it will ask for user name and password.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

I beleive if you do that it will work only if bes is using sql authantication rather then windows authantication. I may be wrong though.
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

I give the helpdesk the ability to reset passwords and Jr.Helpdesk role. Do I need to install BB Manager on each workstation or is there a web interface?
==================================================================
If I help you with any inquire, please click the kudos button - Thank you
And if my response solved your issue remeber to mark it as solved
Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

There is no native web interface to do that. So just install BB Manager but all they would be able dto do is just what that role is supposed to be able to do. All other option will be read only.