Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

SBS server boot problems - Blackberry Dispatcher

BES has been running in this server for over 1 year with no issues. Since last weekend (13th December) then the Blackberry Dispatcher stops the server booting. The server hangs on "applying computer settings" and the desktop finally appears after 4 to 5 hours. Then it can be seen that the Blackberry Dispatcher is stuck at "starting". Some external services do not work for example internet access. The server will not close down. It is not possible to terminate the Blackberry Dispatcher. Internal services (local client server apps etc) all work fine.

When the Blackberry Dispatcher is disabled (in safe mode) then the server boots OK in normal mode. The Blackberry Dispatcher service can then be started and everything works fine. Before a reboot then the service must be disabled or we end up at "appkying computer settings" again.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: SBS server boot problems - Blackberry Dispatcher

Since you didn't bother to give us more details about your BES here it is:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/searchEntry.do

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks but I'm not sure how that link helps. BES is version 4.1 with SP6 MR2 applied. Server is running SBS 2003 SP2 (and has been for some time).
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

The link was to the blackberry technical Solution Centre which is where all BES ADMINS should be refering to for help.

Search in the search section in the middle of the page.

Are you getting any errors in the application logs?

What are you logged onto the box as?

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

I guess I'll ask some obvious questions, So last weekend, you rebooted the server, and then the dispatcher service failed to start? why you were you restarting, patching?

How many users are on your BES?

It also sounds like you might having some sql issues, check this article

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04629&slic...

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!