Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
devans
My Device: Not Specified

SRP relay connection drops out

Hi,

Over the last month I have had 3 occurances of the BES Router loosing the connection to the SRP Relay & not reconnecting until the BES is given a reboot. The error that appears in the Application event log & the ROUT log states:

"[SERVICE_RELAY_SESSION:<srp id removed>] Service transaction not found"

I cannot find a cause for this. Note, we are not running an up to date version of the BES (4.0.4.6) & RIM's solution is to upgrade the BES. Whilst that is well & good, RIM were unable to provide any indication as to why this has started happening & what would cause the problem.

Prior to rebooting the server I could test the network connection for the BES router by connecting to the srp.ap.blackberry.net relay without any problem.

Any ideas? 

Please use plain text.
Si
Contributor
Si

Re: SRP relay connection drops out

Upgrade your BES to 4.0.7 and if you're still having problems then ask for an explanation!!  You can't expect to have the answer to your problem when you're not helping yourself by running an old version.  The question should not be why upgrade to the latest service pack, it should be why not?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBTeck

It could be that there is a network issue and that the connection is getting dropped.  As it fixes after a reboot, could be the NIC or some intermittent issues with the TCP on the box.

Upgrading to SP 7 is probably a good plan anyhow; it will at least take that out of the equations.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Serano

Devans - It might be a good idea to check the MAGT log around the time of the disconnect.  There may be a winsock error code or something similar.  While I agree upgrading to SP7 is a good idea it may not resolve this particular problem.

Here's a link to the release notes - http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/Release_Notes.pdf?func=doc.Fetch&nodeId...

I don't believe there were any fixed issues around SRP connectivity other than SDR122318.

Are their any consistancies around time of day, etc?

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
SaiBES

Devans - Serano is correct in saying that there is only the one major fix for SRP Connectivity in 4.0.7. That said, there are a series of fixes in 4.0.5a and 4.0.6 that address issues that could cause what you are describing.

It is likely that the reason Support recomended you upgraded to Service Pack 7 is to ensure that all these fixes are applied to your BlackBerry Enterprise Servers as they are cumulative and therefore included in Service Pack 7. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
devans

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the replies. I understand & agree with RIM's reasons to apply the latest SP's. If it was up to me, I'd take a backup image of the BES & apply the service packs within a couple of hours. However when you work for a government department it can take weeks, if not months to get the change process approved to apply the latest service packs.  Hence I would rather try to address what has suddenly caused the problem whilst the change request is submitted.

I'll look through the logs again to see if I can find any similarities. I'll report back if I find something.

Thanks again.

Message Edited by devans on 04-03-2008 02:01 PM
Please use plain text.