Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
dberry-cts
My Device: Not Specified

SRPReceiverHandler: Select failed with error code 10038

Hi Guys

I have just taken over administration of a bes server that is giving the following error message in the logs every hour or so
and i havent been able to find any information in the blackberry knowledge base or using google

Log: Application
Type: Warning
Event: 20000
Agent Time: 11:29:41  6-Oct-09
Event Time: 00:29:41  6-Oct-09 UTC
Source: BlackBerry Router
Category: None
Username: N/A
Description: SRPReceiverHandler: Select failed with error code 10038

it has a few weird issues which i hope are related to this error message

1) activations didnt work over the wire it started them and they got to about 70% but it took 30minutes to get that far so i activated them through usb and that went fine.

they are now activated but

2) sometimes the messages dont send and they get an x against the message

3) when they move an email out of the inbox on their computer it dosent disapear on the blackberry (i have checked that hide filed messages is set to true)

4) sometimes their srp randomly disconects

Your help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Daniel

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: SRPReceiverHandler: Select failed with error code 10038

What firewall are you using?

Is port 3101 being allowed outbound and bi directional? (not allowed inbound though)

Are you having internet access issues at all?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dberry-cts
My Device: Not Specified

Hi knottyrope

there is a linux firewall  and a TP-Link  ( Internet > Linux firewall / router > TP-Link > Blackberry server)

i am guessing the inbound and outbound ports are ok as it works some times and when i run a test in the blackberry server configuration on the blackberry router tab and i press test network connection that comes back fine.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I would do some monitoring on the firewall and see if the connection is being dropped. I only see a drop with SRP once a night when our router is reset.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.