Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
fccod
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

SVG Error: value "100%" for attribute "width" is invalid.

The SVG for BlackBerry Smartphones Reference Guide says that I can set the width attribute to 100% of the outter most SVG element - but I get the error message below.

I have removed all of the graphical elements except a light blue box. - I still get the same error.

The SVG XML is generated by a SQL Server and written to the file on the WEB sever every ten minutes.

About 2% of the time it works on my BlackBerry. - but I can not figure out what the diffrence is when it does work.

The full graph works on MS IE 7 - Adobe SVG plug-in

I must be missing something basic here.

Device: BlackBerry 8300 v4.2.2.89

Error Message:  

Error: An internal error was encountered while transcoding this file (Error: The value "100%" for attribute "width" of element <svg> named "$unnamed$0" is invalid.)

SVG listing:

<?xml version="1.1" ?>
<svg xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
width="100%" height="100%"
viewBox="0 0 750 700">
<g id="layer1"><rect width="600" height="500" x="100" y="100" id="dbox" style="fill:#CCF4FF;stroke:#000000;" />
</g></svg>

URL:

http://fc.dallascityhall.com/svg/NHX-SUMP-LEV-2d.svg

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: SVG Error: value "100%" for attribute "width" is invalid.

I tested your sample page below using the same BlackBerry model and handheld software version, but I was unable to reproduce the error and the graph did display correctly.

What browser are you using?  The BlackBerry Browser (through a BlackBerry Enterprise Server), Internet Browser (through the BlackBerry Internet Service) or WAP Browser (through your carrier's WAP Gateway)?  You can view the default browser setting under Options, (Advanced Options), Browser.  Are you able to reproduce this behaviour using the BlackBerry Simulator?  If so, what version are you testing with and what version of MDS Simulator are you running?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fccod
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: SVG Error: value "100%" for attribute "width" is invalid.

Mark,

I found that the SVG graph works on the "Internet Browser" (Through AT&T's BES) and does not work on the "BlackBerry Browser" (through the corporate BES).

Is there a .dll or other file that can be updated on our corporate BES to get the SVG to work?

OR

What version of BES do we need to use to get full SVG functionally?

Please use plain text.