Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Send-As BES 5.0.3 MR8

Hello,

Basic Environment:

-BES 5.0.3 MR8 ~ 500 Users - No recent config changes. BES in general has been in production for YEARS

-Exchange 2010 w/ Kemp Load Balancers - 2010 specifically has been in operation for over a year, i've been told there have been no recent changes (I have my doubts).  

We're having a very interesting situation that just began in the last week or so; has us scratching our heads.  I've obviously left out some details (could spend all day on that); I feel confident that we've covered the standard troubleshooting steps, but please let me know if you would like further clarification.

Out of no-where we've noticed that most, if not all, of our users are showing No Send-As for BesAdmin (IEMSTEST). Obviously this leads to issues with Activation(where we typcially notice the problem)etc. The Exch admin indicates the permissions are showing correctly on their side.

NOTE:  Our Exchange/AD environment is managed by a different group here in the organization; so perhaps this may just be a matter of a mis-understanding/mis-communication, however; we've been over the proper BesAdmin permissions/configurations/throttling numerous times in the past so i would hope everyone's on the same page. 

After our admin again runs the command/script to set this and indicates it runs successfully, IEMSTEST still shows No Send-As. I have not seen this result EVER before, HOWEVER; we DO see an immediate resolution to activation/other issues.

Like i mentioned, I think we've covered all the steps from related KB/Documentation (which has worked in the past).  My gut tells me there's something we are missing on the Exchange side but I could be wrong! We just have no idea what to try next!

Your thougts/ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Send-As BES 5.0.3 MR8

worst case you can do this

KB04293 - How to switch BlackBerry Enterprise Server service accounts

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V