If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

adellaripa
My Device: Not Specified

Separate IT Policy for a group of users that are NOT exempt for OT

Is there a way i can setup an additional policy that will turn off the data side of few user's blackberrys? These users are subject to OT and want to make sure they do not have the ability to receive and send out emails between 5PM and 7AM. Only allowing phone calls. 
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Templerknight
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Separate IT Policy for a group of users that are NOT exempt for OT

In my Opinion, there is no Way with the IT-Policy. But I think, that you should use the BB-Resource Kit. I mean special the Tool "BlackBerry User Administration Tool".

You find the Tools under:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/server_resourcekit.jsp

Pleas read the includes Documentation. This is a powerfull Tool.

If You understand the Tool, write a Script, that runs between 5PM and 7AM.

So I think, this is a solution for You, maybe! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MattUK
My Device: All of them

Re: Separate IT Policy for a group of users that are NOT exempt for OT

I think you should be careful playing with disabling data on devices.  If you disable data to a device, then how will it then get the update to re-enable it?  Once you kill the data, BES can no longer communicate with the device so its then down to the user to re-enable.

A better solution might be to add another BES server, move those users that you want to restrict onto that server, then stop the services on that server at a set time, and then restart them the following day when you need to resume service.

==============================
Be alert!
.. The world needs more lerts.

If someone has helped answer your problem, or you think their post is useful, why not hit the green KUDOS button to thank them?
Please use plain text.