Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

jaymac10
My Device: Not Specified

Seperate Business from Personal Contacts

I have a BB Bold that I use for work. I just installed Empower BES which will seperate my BES (work) emails from my BIS (Personal) emails. Great!

My only problem now is how do I sperate all of my personal contacts from my business contacts?

I have already set/coded all of my personal contacts as 'personal' and have them filtered when looking/in my contact list.

However, that filter does not work when I have an email/sms open and I'm searching a name to put into the 'To' field.

For example, if I go into my contact list on the home screen, I only see all of my personal contacts as I set the filter to only show them!

But, if i'm in an email, creating an email, and I want to seach a name, ALL contacts show.

Anyone figure out how to seperate them when actually in an email/sms?

Now that Blackberry is getting more into the personal market I find it hard to believe that they haven't created in their OS the ability to seperate personal and business better.... I'm quite dissapointed actually...

Anyways, if anyone know if and how to do this it would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jay
Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42
My Device: 8300

Re: Seperate Business from Personal Contacts

Hello,

You Cant do it with the current version of the Handheld OS.

However the new Version 5.0 version of the handheld software CAN do this. Wait a month or two (I think its due out then, but ...)

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq