I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700
02-22-2013 05:54 PM
BES Service Pack 4 MR2 has been released, happy upgrading
check out the whats new
Lots of good info here, for your mail server type
The following software are now available for download:
Please visit http://www.blackberry.com/go/serverdownloads to access the software update, documentation, and any additional information
BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.
BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V
02-28-2013 08:08 AM
It's not a complicated procedure.
1) A Service Pack updates the Schema of your database so BACKUP the config database before doing anything!
2) Check that you are using the same service account to upgrade with that you used to install the BES
The below is a guide to doing this on a High Availability environment. In essence there is no downtime required. However on the side of caution, I make a point of stopping all services in the case of encountering any SQL deadlocks but you are free to decide:
Roll-back in case of major failure (highly unlikely if you followed the above steps to the letter) :
1) Restore SQL database to it's former state
2) Uninstall BES software from all BES
3) Reinstall BES and point to restored database