Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
maskau
My Device: Tour 9630 on AT&T

Slow Reconciliation

For some reason reconciliation between the hand helds and my BES server seems to be slow. Sometimes it takes up to 15 minutes.

On my prior setup, I had BES and Exchange 2003 on the same box and it seemed fast, I figure because, of course they were on the same box. Last spring we upgraded to Exchange 2007 and now basically my reconciliation goes between two machines and that is when I noticed there was a lag.

Is there a setting to set the reconciliation time? Using BES 4.1.6.9

"....A smart man will realize that he knows nothing and has everything to learn....."
Forums Advisor I
bbinmyhart
My Device: Z10

Re: Slow Reconciliation

That's normal as reconcile is at the very bottom on BES priority to do  list when busy...
Forums Advisor I
bbinmyhart
My Device: Z10

Developer
maskau

Thanks. That's what I thought. I was just hoping there was a way to get it moving faster.
"....A smart man will realize that he knows nothing and has everything to learn....."
Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

So when you get an email on your handheld, it is delayed by up to 15 minutes? does this happen more often then not?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Developer
maskau

Email being delivered to the device seems to be quick. It shows up on my BB faster than it get's to outlook. But when I delete a message from either Outlook or my BB, that's where it seems to lag. If I hit "Reconcile Now" on my BB it goes rather quick. I guess you could say it is limited to the automatic reconciliation.

It's not really a big deal, I was just curious that's all.

Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

OK well that makes sense then, its all about how your mail environment is set up that causes that, that not unusual

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Developer
maskau

So I finally got it all figured out. It's not anything to do with my BES or my Exchange box, it was the device itself. I had a Storm and the issues were too much so I switched back to a Bold (much better device in my opinion) and the reconciliation sped up dramatically. Doing the same tests I did before we're averaging about 1-2 minutes for reconciliation, not 15-20.

Thanks for all the info you guys posted, found out some good info out of it!