Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Solution to Cluster/HA BES

[ Edited ]

Hi,

we are presently on ESX 3.5 with a BES server on it.  Running fine.  Being on VM does give us a bit of security but it`s not a real clustering option.  Do you know any third party that offer solution to cluster a BES server.  Saw neverfail product but never heard of them.  http://www.neverfailgroup.com/products/app-modules/blackberry.aspx I was wondering if someone use the product and how he feel about it?

I know the two BES server solution but then again it not a real clustering solution...

Thanks

Message Edited by Bast on 04-01-2008 11:29 AM
Retired

Re: Solution to Cluster/HA BES

I've heard good things about Neverfail from people who have used it. I've also heard good things about DoubleTake.
New Contributor

Thanks...  Doubletake seems to be more a DR solution than a clustering but sure seems interesting... Happy to know that someone elsewhere heard good thing about the neverfail solution :smileyhappy:

we have numerous customers who would be happy to discuss Neverfail for BES with you by phone. Please let me know how you'd like to proceed and we can put you in touch. In the interim, a case study you might be interested in is posted here: http://www.neverfailgroup.com/download.aspx?id=27e565 . In the interest of full disclose, I work for Neverfail.

Also,

Be prepared to purchase another server license for your DR server if it is going to be an active standby server.

Chris Muncy
IT Coordinator
Frontier Materials Concrete
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

What are your requirements?  RPO? RTO?
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Contributor

While I like the idea of a Clustered BES server, I understand it's a future feature :smileywink: , we have the SQL backend on a SQL cluster for the BESMgmt and we can move the BES app to any server relatively quickly.  This isn't an automatic solution, but it is one, given you have the infrastructure in place that could tide you over until it's natively done within BES.

Neverfail is the way to go. We use it and its really good. Expensive but really good
Domino Advanced administrator
BES 2.1,2.2, 3.6,4.0.x,4.1.x admin and installer on Lotus, Groupwise and Exchange
Neverfail certified Implementation engineer
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

mr aTaylor

do you have an email addy i can contact you directly ?

i work for IT org and have been looking into BES for our company?

i have IT friends at other companies and some have suggested i look into your solution and one from a doubletake ?

i have seen there website and talked w/ them and will be demo-ing locally and curious how your solution compares/works

same or different ? i need to do a matrix for our management.

thanks

EDIT: Removed personal information

Message Edited by Andy on 09-27-2008 09:20 AM
New Contributor

0w3n

have you looked compared them to doubletake BES ?? were trying to decide and any input from current

users is great.

also, you said its Expensive ?? how so ? how is it licensed and priced ?

thanks