Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

This is the best fix for your BES server.

Giving us more details when posting a question please. :smileysurprised:

BES Version?

We need to know which version and where it is installed in relation to the mail server.

1) Go to the Add or Remove Programs Control Panel applet (Start > Run > appwiz.cpl )
2) Locate the reference to "BlackBerry Enterprise Server", select it and then click "Click here for support information.".
3) The publisher listed should be "Research In Motion" and the Version will be the exact version of BES currently installed. also post Bundle version.

SQL info

is it Local or remote?

MSDE, SQL or SQL Express?

Mail Server version

If on Domino or GroupWise, please put this info first in subject line.

For exchange users please let us know the version of CDO you are using on BES.

KB04912 - How to check if and where the CDO.dll file is registered on the BlackBerry Enterprise Serv...

Then add this info from above to your signature in My Settings so it will always be posted.

When writing your question

Good description of what is really wrong and how to reproduce if possible. Details of what you did before. Any other details that would help us out with your issue

Logs are worth a thousand words

We need both from Event Viewer and from the BES Logs. Please remove personal info before posting them.

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Abbreviations for BlackBerry Enterprise Server debug logs   

With out this info, we are just going to ask you for it and delay your response.:smileysad:

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: This is the best fix for your BES server.

Some tips on most popular issues on BES Exchange

What is the BESAdmin service account and why does it need certain permissions?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Solution/What-is-the-BESAdmin-service-a...

Reconcile read and unread messages from Outlook to BlackBerry Smart Phone.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Solution/Reconcile-read-and-unread-mess...

Message Prepopulation a knottyrope tip aka no emails on activation

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Solution/Message-Prepopulation-a-knotty...

For many calendar issues see the following

KB04912 - How to check if and where the CDO.dll file is registered on the BlackBerry Enterprise Serv...

KB05270 - How to troubleshoot one-way wireless calendar synchronization issues

KB04950 - How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone calendar application

CDO 1.2.1 from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94274318-27c4-4d8d-9bc5-3e6484286b1f&Displa...

KB15779 How to install or upgrade CDO 1.2.1

If using 2010, use EWS instead of CDO

How to enable BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 to use Microsoft Exchange Web Services

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.