Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
ingoreich
My Device: Not Specified

Updating to BES 4.1.5 fails

I have a BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express 4.1.4 with MR5 for Exchange running. Everything worked fine. I tried to update to Service Pack 5 (4.1.5) running setup on the same machine. Preinstallation check was ok., Database conversion (SQL Server 2000) was completed. After that the installation started, removed the old services and than stopped.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server with MDS Integration Service has failed. Feature: Unpublishing Product Features

The log-file says nothing. The last entres are:

SQL executed successfully
[PIPTOOL]: Notification uninstallation script ran successfully.
[PIPTOOL]: Stopped service [MSSQL$RRSQL] successfully
[PIPTOOL]: krb5.conf backed up successfully
[PIPTOOL]: MdsLogin.conf backed up successfully
[PIPTOOL]: rimpublic.property backed up successfully
[PIPTOOL]: Commandline: ( PSZ_SETUPTYPE="BESAG" PSZ_BES_NAME="RR-INTRA" PSZ_IMPROXY="" PSZ_DATABASE_TYPE="SQLServer" PSZ_PREVVER="4.1.0041" USERNAME="RR" COMPANYNAME="RR" PSZ_USERCOUNTRY="DE" PSZ_INSTALLSLA="license_DE.rtf" PSZ_ROUTER_NETWORKACCESSNODE="srp.de.blackberry.ne t" PSZ_LOGROOT="D:\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logs\" TARGETDIR="D:\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\" PSZ_USERACCOUNT="BESAdmin" PSZ_USERPWD="******" PF_ADDLOGONSERVICE="1")
====== END OF LOG ======

After this I restarted the server and tried it more times with the same result.

Now the BES does not work and the installation fails. So what to do now.

Thanks for your help.
Ingo
New Contributor
TwinkieFan

Re: Updating to BES 4.1.5 fails

This might seem drastic, but have you tried getting the full install for 4.1.5 from RIM, uninstalling BES completely from the server and then re-installing from the full install file using the same instance name, srp, etc. as the original install?
New Contributor
ingoreich

Re: Updating to BES 4.1.5 fails

No, I could not try a new installation of Version 4.1.5 because there is no installation file available form BlackBerry. I've only found an updater to 4.1.5. But I reinstalled Version 4.1.4 (full version) - so the BlackBerry server works again. After this I retried updating to Service Pack 5 with the same problem - and reinstalled 4.1.4 again.

Greetings from Berlin

Ingo