Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
pie8ter

Upgrade from BES 4.1.6.10 to BES 5.3

We only have two blackberry phone users.   Due to attachment support, we started out with the Blackberry Enterprise express server for Exchange 2007 (Free edition).   Right now the server is saying Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.1.6.10 and there is no "express" anywhere.  I am guessing somehow my previous updates converted the enterprise express to just enterprise.  We recently migrated to Exchange 2010 and want to migrate the BES as well.  I downloaded the Blackberry Enterprise Server Express 5.3 and tried to do an inplace upgrade.  The install said I can't use the express to upgrade the enterprise software.  We still have only two black berry phone users.  

What are my options to upgrade my current server to 5.3?  I really don't care if it's a express or enterprise as I am only dealing with two bb users.  It appears there is no free edition of Enterprise.  Do I need to uninstall the current server and install BES express 5.3? 

Thanks     

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Upgrade from BES 4.1.6.10 to BES 5.3

Please use plain text.