Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
Sheen
My Device: Not Specified

User has to keep rebooting device to send/recv emails

Hi

We are running BES 4.1.6 MR3 and I have a user using a Blackberry Bold who is experiencing issues. All other users are generally fine.

For this user, a lot of the time she needs to reboot her battery for emails to be sent/recvd. So, for instance, she will be out and notice she hasn't recieved any emails she has composed will be on a pending state on the BB. Once she restarts the BB, it seems to synch.

We've replaced her device, so unlikely to be this.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
FaceMan

Re: User has to keep rebooting device to send/recv emails

When the user is in a state of where they can't send or receive any messages, can the device send PIN To PIN Messages still? If it can't then it usually network related (device lost network connection which maybe why a reset works...hard to say at this point).Another thing they can try is go into options and advanced and host routing table and see if they can re-register the device with the network. Should see an email arrivein the inbox.

If they can receive PIN 2 PIN then it's safe to say device is on the network and usually issue will be server side. In this case if you look at the applicaion log on the BES side, are you seeing any warnings being generted for this user?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Sheen

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me - out of interest, what is the difference between an email travelling via Compose Email and a message travelling via Compose PIN? What would the results show?

I will ask my user to try this next time she has an issue!

I guess when she is rebooting the device it is effectively just re-registering on the network, which is what she can do via the Host Routing Table > Re-register device option you mention?

Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
bbinmyhart
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

At the time when she can't send and receive, have you checked if device has data coverage? At the time is device otherwise responsive?
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
FaceMan

The simplest way to put is when you compose a message it will be going through the BES. When you compose a PIN message it will go to the device directly with no BES interaction. Device to device ..sotrt of like sms message. This is a good way to try and isolate the problem as usually it will be BES related or network related. Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.