Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Users are no longer receiving e-mails from the blackberry server

We have received numerous calls from users stating that their blackberry's are no longer receiving and can not send e-mails since the Facebook Application "appeared" on their homescreens for their blackberry's.  Usually you have to download the Facebook application and you have to follow a series of steps in order for this process to work.  This seems to be happening only to our Verizon Wireless users.  It seemed to be happening to only those users that had not previously installed the Facebook Application or the latest application on their devices.  The Facebook Application started to "appear" on the main home screen yesterday after noon 10.06.09.  There was a message that stated "Thank you for registering" e-mail message and then when you click on the application it goes out to register an account for Facebook.  It changes the home page when you go out onto the internet browser it directs you to Facebook.  Anyone know a fix for this?  Verizon Wireless is stating that we need to contact RIM they did not push anything out to anyone.  Our blackberry administrator has been checking logs on the server - hasn't found anything.  Users have been removed from the server and re-added.  Blackberry's have been re-programmed.  Did someone hack Facebook again?
Solutions: 6,152
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Users are no longer receiving e-mails from the blackberry server

Are you the BES Admin? The BES section of this forum would be a very appropriate place for this post... I'll ask to have it moved.

Finally, no, Facebook hasn't been "hacked" again (I love how anytime there is a odd issue, "hacking" is a first suspicion).

Very likely--all that has happened is a new Service Book push placed the Facebook short cut to the installation on the devices.

That's my guess. Have you pushed any new service books? Probably straight from Verizon.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Ok.  We found the fix.  Our account with Verizon was recently changed for some reason...  Verizon removed the corporate provisioning and added personal data so no one had access to our BES server.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  Just had numerous calls and Verizon's tech support kept giving us the run around.  I will have to get our BES admin this site!  Thank you for the suggestions!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Never fun to deal with that issue.

Have you admin drop by.

Also hi and welcome to the forums. Smiley Very Happy

Enjoy your stay with us!

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Hi,  I received a similar message on Sunday night and since then have not received any emails on my device, however I have not just downloaded facebook, and the icon has been on my desk top for some time .

I have gone into O2 and asked them for help and they were not able to and I also contacted our IT department as emails come through a server and they said it was not something they could help with.

The main problem is that the email says I need to verify my password and yet when i have tried to do so, it comes back invalid.  PLEASE help with any advice

Many thnks

Karen

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Kaybee2306 wrote:

Hi,  I received a similar message on Sunday night and since then have not received any emails on my device, however I have not just downloaded facebook, and the icon has been on my desk top for some time .

I have gone into O2 and asked them for help and they were not able to and I also contacted our IT department as emails come through a server and they said it was not something they could help with.

The main problem is that the email says I need to verify my password and yet when i have tried to do so, it comes back invalid.  PLEASE help with any advice

Many thnks

Karen

Are you on a BES server?

Did anyone make chanes to your dataplan?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Hi,  Im not to sure whether I should be although looking through my settings is says im not connected to BES.  As far as Im aware noone has changed my data unless accidentally , In which case it would be me Smiley Sad

New Contributor

Your cell/data plan provider should still be able to help out.  You pay them for service so it seems odd that they have not been able to help out - since Sunday - I would be livid and dead in the water without e-mail.  They'd be giving me a credit for time not used for sure!  I can't believe that your IT department won't help out if this a company provided blackberry.  They should also be able to tell you if they have a BES server or not.  Maybe your settings are not setup correctly - could be something billing did too?  Who knows!  Good luck finding out and getting it back up and running!  Smiley Happy