Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Users not getting mail - app log user failures

Bes 5.0.4 MR1 Bundle 52 - Server 2003 R2 sp2

BAS 5.0.4 MR1 Bundle 52 Transporter 5.0.1.22 - Server 2003 R2 sp2

Exhcange 2003 - Server 2k3 sp2

CDO 6.5.8244.0

Mapi - 1.0.2536.0

Everyday we have one of our sites say they are not receiving email. I check the server, there are lots of user mailbox errors. This started Saturday.

Today I updated the Mapi/cdo to newest (it was on 1.02536.0 and 6.5.8190.0). After starting up the services after the update I get User X not started event 20154 along with User X mapimailbox exception handled event 20097.

This goes for almost everyone of my users. 

I also have some RIM_HrResolveProxysFromDN - resolveproxyaddressesLDAP failed from - ###

I started with the cdo file update to see if that would help. Otherwise a reboot usually gets things going. But I'm not about to reboot this server daily. Any help on checking things would be great. I've had this running for years with minimal issue so...not sure why it is freaking out now. Let me know what log files etc can help in troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Re: Users not getting mail - app log user failures

Alright the one clients email failed to sync this morning and is still an issue. Found more out, they host their own email server but they connect back to our Exchange for management. It was just rebuilt (their server) a few months ago from some crazy failure issue. See if I can make a BES Express for just them...

Regular Contributor

Hmm here is the iemstest.exe for a user in that mailstore

Copyright (c) Research In Motion, Ltd. 1999. All rights reserved.
Opening Default Message Store Mailbox - Company BES Service Account

User1: Opening message store using
/o=Organization/ou=Org/cn=RECIPIENTS/cn=User1
/o=Organization/ou=CLIENT/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=Client-server
L/cn=Microsoft Private MDB
User1: Mailbox opened successfully
User1: Root Folder opened successfully
User1: Folder created successfully
User1: Test folder deleted successfully
User1: MAPI test completed successfully
User1: CDO Server Name: Client-server
User1: CDO Mailbox DN: /o=Organization/ou=Org/cn=RECIPIENTS
/cn=User1
User1: CDO logon successful
User1: CDO COM exception: Code = 80040705, WCode = 0505, Code meanin
g = IDispatch error #1285
Description = You do not have permission to log on. [Microsoft Exchange Serv
er Information Store - [MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER(8004011D)]].
User1: CDO test failed
User1: No Send As permission for the {SMS\sisubessvc} account operat
or.

C:\BlackBerry Install Files\BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.1\tools>

I checked and their mail server. So in the exchange manager, I changed the Admin Group BESAdmin to Exchange view only administrator. It was set to Exchange admin

Then I went to the Server under that. Right clicked and under the BESAdmin properties send as, receive as, admin info store were not checked. I checked those. Looked on my Organizations mail server and everything for both sites is set.

When I run the IEMSTest.exe it still says the CDO test failed. no send as permission
Regular Contributor

IT Tech at the client said said it started working. I ran the IEMSTest.exe again against his username. Still failure.
New Contributor
My Device: 9900

From my understanding the MAPI CDO version must be of the same version? if yo updated the BES server what is the exchange server on? Have you manually checked one of the users to see if the send as permissions are actually there? Failing that I would re-run the scripts to set permissions.
Regular Contributor

Yeah. From what I know when I first set them up. The Exchange Mapi/cdo has to be the same or newer than the BES. Now the BES is newer. In the BES install guide there is no explaining how to update the mapi/cdo on the exchange. I have 3 exchange servers, all on the same version, 6.5.7654.12. My BES is on 6.5.8244.0. I'll roll back if I have to on the bes. But I just cannot have the exchange servers rebooted.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you dont update CDO on Exchange 2003, Just update CDO on BES.

Looks like a send as issue. Here is a good amount of info on it.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/sendas.jsp

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/sendasfaq.jsp

Video on send as
https://www.blackberry.com/blackberrytraining/web/SendAs/Source/video/sendAs.html

What is BES admin service account
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Solution/What-is-the-BESAdmin-service-a...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor

This was working for years :smileysad: I checked and all the Send As looks perfect. Even my username fails and known working people fail the iemstext.exe.

I looked at the ESM update for Exchange but it is not easy nor simple to find anything about updating.