Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Using Bluetooth devices with Blackberry's that are locked due to inactivity?

Hi

We are running BES 4.1.5 and a variety of handhelds. We have a policy on our BES that forces the user to enter a password after 10mins of inactivity on the handheld.

We are looking into purchasing some bluetooth devices since we have a lot of drivers that need to use the phone whilst walking/delivering etc.

Question - if the handheld hasn't been used for more than 10mins (therefore is locked) and the user tries to make a phonecall using Bluetooth (e.g. via voice recognition software) - will this work, or will he need to unlock this handheld first?

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Using Bluetooth devices with Blackberry's that are locked due to inactivity?

I am useing the same setup without any problem. Once the voice is activated, wait about a second to speak and the bluetoth device works without unlocking the phone. If you look at your phone it will still be locked. Don't use a cheap bluetooth either, they don't work well.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: Using Bluetooth devices with Blackberry's that are locked due to inactivity?

It should work just fine

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!