Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
bthomson2
My Device: Pearl 8130
Accepted Solution

Verify SRP and Port Settings

I am a newbie, so please let me know if my post is incorrectly placed or has insufficient info. 

I am coming in on the backend of a network admin that had a major virus infection on an SBS Server 2003 with SP2.  It has a Blackberry Enterprise Server with 5 Users.

I have never worked with BES before. 

The problem that I am having is an error 10061.  I researched this on MS and applied all patches and hotfixes.

All Blackberry's on this server are unable to receive email. 

From the Blackberry Manager, Properties, on the General Tab at the top, it shows "the server name (running, SRP disconnected, Version 4.0.0.97)

From a DOS prompt, I ran the BBSRPTEST command.  Received a connection refused (10061).  I can ping the ip address of the SRP.  I tried a telnet session to the ip address on port 3101, and received a "could not connect to the host on port 3101.  connection failed."

I ran the IEMSTest on all handsets, and all tests completed successfully. 

From the Blackberry Server Configuration Panel, I ran the  "Validate SRP Key and ID" test.  I received "Wireless Network cannot be contacted.  Please verify SRP address and port settings."  On the Blackberry Router Tab, I ran the "Test Network Connection", and received "error! Invalid Network Connection." 

Any ideas or assistance on what I can do to resolve this? 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: Verify SRP and Port Settings

You need to make sure that the BES can make a connection on TCP 3101 to the SRP server you're configured to connect to.

BES Firewall requirements

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bthomson2
My Device: Pearl 8130

Re: Verify SRP and Port Settings

Thank you, Andy! I was able to contact the gentleman that controls the ports on this client's T1 and forward him the info that you supplied. We were successful in getting their Blackberry's back online! Your help and knowledge is greatly appreciated. Brenda
Please use plain text.