Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
richardv
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Visual Studio Publishing to BlackBerry Manager

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I am trying to publish my application via the Publishing Wizard in Visual Studio 2008. I run through the wizard without any issues, and at the end it confirms that the application has been published. Does this mean I should see the application inside the BlackBerry Manager in the Application Registry?

If it should be here, then what could the possible cause be for it now being there? And otherwise, if it shouldn't be there, then which steps would I need to follow in order to get it there?

Thanks a lot for the help! :smileyhappy:

Richard

Message Edited by richardv on 04-24-2009 07:30 AM
Please use plain text.
Developer
richardv
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Visual Studio Publishing to BlackBerry Manager

I can't actually believe how long it's taken me to get this right, been struggling for ages, but found the issue! I was trying this with the Software Configuration, but that's not needed to get the Application into the Application Repository, took me a while to figure that out. All that is needed is to run the publish wizard, but it is essential that the Ports for the Visual studio (Tools - Options - Blackberry - Application Registries, and File Repositories) match up to the one in BlackBerry Manager (Click your server, click Edit Properties, General, Server Url - use this port).

That's what fixed it for me... :smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.