Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

What access do BES Admin have over monitoring in-app activity

Hi I am not a BES admin but a bes admin have contacted me regarding making some apps for them and I was wondering if I were to make just my normal apps without any additional security added on or features, to what extend cant the app activites be monitored (or can it be monitored besides the fact that they know you are using that app). Thanks!

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: What access do BES Admin have over monitoring in-app activity

if it is an app that uses BIS connection teh BESAdmin will know it is installed but has no control over it unless they want to block it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

knottyrope wrote:

if it is an app that uses BIS connection teh BESAdmin will know it is installed but has no control over it unless they want to block it.

Might be a dumb question but if its just a regular internet app it uses BIS right?

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

ignites wrote:

knottyrope wrote:

Might be a dumb question but if its just a regular internet app it uses BIS right?

correct

here is some good info

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/11-what-can-my-bes-admin-see-my-blackberry-handheld.html

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.