Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
xpac
My Device: 7100T
My Carrier: Verizon

Where does BES get its messaging server info from??

(I posted this in the other BES forum but so far haven't had any replies)  

Having a strange occurence after our BES administrator installed some patches last week on the BES (we're running BES 5.0.3 in conjunction with Exchange 2010).  After the patches, several BB users are broken - the culprit appears to be the messaging server.  The following occurs when he tries to look up one of the failed user's accounts:

Messaging server:
/o=MyOrganization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (OurExchangeAdminGroup)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=WRONGSERVER/cn=Microsoft Private MDB

The WRONGSERVER I mention abover refers to a server that was removed from operation before I started working here (it does still exist as a disabled AD object).  Furthermore, I've been told that server was never an exchange server to begin with.  Either way, how do I figure out where the BES is getting this erroneous information, and more importantly how do I fix it.  Digging around a bit I've found the WRONGSERVER listed as a legacyexchangedn value, just not sure how this all fits together.

Since our BES servers are virtualized our temporary fix was to revert back to the snapshot we took prior to patching, but obviously I'd like to come up with a more permanent fix.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Where does BES get its messaging server info from??

ansered here, please dont post in all sections

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Service-10/Where-does-BES-5-0-3-gets-it...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xpac
My Device: 7100T
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Where does BES get its messaging server info from??

Ok thanks!

Please use plain text.