Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
matthewbunce
My Device: Not Specified

Windows 2000 Server - How much longer will RIM support BES on it?

Does anyone have any information about how long RIM will support BES on Windows 2000? We are still trying to upgrade our servers to Windows 2003 and the BES is one of the last ones to go. I want to move to Windows 2003 R2 SP2 running within ESX 3.5 when I do the upgrade to 4.1.6 but I need to give management a reason for the upgrade to justify the costs over just installing 4.1.6 on the exisiting server.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Windows 2000 Server - How much longer will RIM support BES on it?

Doubt they will end support on it for some time, but only RIM knows the answer.

IMO, way to many 2000 server installs out there including my BES.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: Windows 2000 Server - How much longer will RIM support BES on it?

With Windows 2000 Server no longer officially supported by Microsoft (without a custom license agreement), I don't even know why RIM supports BES on Windows 2000 Server.  Hopefully they dump it with 5.0
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/