Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

dkuball
My Device: Not Specified

Wiping data from a BlackBerry

How good is the wipe of the data. If the device is lost and the date wiped, is it possible for someone to unwipe it or somehow recover the data?
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Wiping data from a BlackBerry

It is good enough for the FBI.

Is that good enough for you?

It does reset it to factory default and wipes(not deletes) all info on it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
fmasaud

Hi,

one of my manager gave me to reactivate his blackberry and he had pictuers on his blackberry

he has blackberry storm i did take a backup before wiping but now i came to know that he is missing his 40 pictuers which are very important for him and i can not find those in b ack and for sure those were not on memory card or devices memory also i dont know what to do

do you have any soultion please help me

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Possibly they might have been deleted on the memory card.

Using mass storage mode you might be able to use an undelete program to get them back.

If they were not backed up and you wipe it they are gone.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
fmasaud

before wiping i checked memory card was empty and device memory had only music which i backedup and later copied back ..   i did not find pictuers in any of these ..  

please can you tell me if there is anyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy way cos i will be in trouble

that is blackberry storm  

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I dont know what to say. If they are not in the backup and you wiped it, there are gone.

Did you try an undelete program on the memory card?

New Contributor
fmasaud

not yet

but before wiping i had checked there was nothing in memory card    but there was some music in device memory which i backup that time .. but man those pictuers i could not find anywhere ..   any idea where blackberry storm will save the pictuers taken by camera if those are not in memory card or device memory also ?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Those are the only two places. Did you try the undelete program.

New Contributor
fmasaud

undelete programme ?   which is that ? 

will undelete programme work on device memory also ? 

cos device has around 900 MB storage space and memory card has the same almost

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I use R studio, but it is pricey.

http://www.r-studio.com/