Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Wiping the device & SD card

Will "Erase Data and disable handheld" wipe the data in the SD card? or is there any other policy to perform this SD card erase?
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Wiping the device & SD card

kenendykumar wrote:
Will "Erase Data and disable handheld" wipe the data in the SD card? or is there any other policy to perform this SD card erase?

This will NOT wipe the card.  The best you could do would be to set the IT Policy "External File System Encryption Level" (Page 139 of BES IT Policy Reference Guide).  That'll require the data to be encrypted, so that it is secure even if taken out of the device

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Wiping the device & SD card

How would one wipe the microSD card and remove the enterprise encryption & enterprise password on the media card?

Senario:  I want to upgrade my 8Gb Micro-SD card to a 16Gb card, and use the 8Gb card in a camera.   

My BB does not have encryption turned on, nor password enabled in the settings, but my enterprise admin has turned it on.  I backed up my files, to restore on the new card using the USB cable. I then formated the MicroSD so there would be no files on it, in hopes of removing encryption/password.  I then turned off Mass Storage support, and turned off Media Card support.   I removed the MicroSD and placed it in a card reader in my laptop.  While the drive letter appears immediately, I am not able to access the media card, to reformat it in my computer.   It simply appears like the device is not being read, because of either the enterprise password setting, or encryption.

How do I wipe the MicroSD clean so it can be used in another non BB device ?