Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
legentil
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange France

Wireless BB device new OS 6 deployment - Help required

Hi all,

I'm currently in charge of almost 500 BB devices management and have been instructed to deploy the new OS 6.0 to all our BB Curve 9300 terminals.

I know how to update OS software locally via BB Desktop software and an USB cable but this solution is not suitable for a mass deployment of more than 490 devices.

Wireless deployment is possible but I don't know to implement this solution. If anyone knows how to process (or is aware of an older topic from the forum that already has treated this operation) then please kindly let me know. Many thanks for your cooperation.

We're currently running :

- BlackBerry Administration Service version 5.0.2.28

- BB device model :  Curve 9300

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Wireless BB device new OS 6 deployment - Help required

If your carrier supports OS6 you can have BES force the Over The Air update on those devices.

be warned that it is a slow process and the device need to have some free memory to do it.

Older apps can cause issue if not compatable with OS 6. On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on OS6. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.