Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
mirmujahed
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: STC

Wireless Enterprise activation hangs after BES server upgrade to 5.0.4 MR 2

Dear,

We have upgraded our BES server from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4 MR 2  day before yesterday and since then we have noticed that when we are trying to re-activate or initiate new wireless enterprise activation, the activation hangs at 10% for long time and then finally hangs at 53% or 54 %. 

We didn't have this problem before. 

Please help.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Wireless Enterprise activation hangs after BES server upgrade to 5.0.4 MR 2

i would look at the logs during ativation

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

to isolate an affected user on a static messaging agent , then look for the MAGT log for that agent (while trying to send/receive messages). The format you'll be looking for is:

BESName_MAGT_##_yyyymmdd_####.txt

Where the first pair of digits are the Agent ID you set.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
mirmujahed
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: STC

I checked the logs but cant find any specific error related to the users. It is happening with most activations since upgrade to 5.0.4. Sometimes the activation hangs at 36%, sometimes 76% or 82%. Its really bothering. I even received complaints from some users that their contacts are not synchronizing. Is this related to enterprise activation. Earlier we did not have any such issues. Please help.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I would do a wired activation and enabled logging in desktop manager

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
orangekeeper
My Device: z10
My Carrier: TMUK

I've noticed similar symptoms in the past where EA hangs for hours at specific points, coupled with Contact syncronization not working for existing users.

We identified LDAP connectivity problems in the MAGT logs that seemed to be the root cause.

We saw a lot of these types of errors:

LDAP: LDAP search (for user) returned 34
LDAP: Unable to resolve the address for user XXXXXXXXXX using LDAP
MAPIMailbox::MAPIRecipstoRIMRecips - RIM_HrGWResolveProxy failed, so using 'XXXXXXXX as the Recip address

If I understand this correct, when you upgrade the BES to SP4, it enables LDAP for address resolution by default (Where previously the BES may have been using MAPI for this), so if there were underlying GC connectivity problems before the upgrade, SP4 may bring them out...

You can try checking to see if LDAP resolution is enabled and disable it to see if this helps?Or if you can identify LDAP connectivity errors in the logs, it may be worth looking at GC connectivity problems from the BES

On the MAGT log, you would see the following lines to suggets LDAP was enabled:

[CFG] Address Lookup is enabled
[CFG] LDAP search is enabled, LDAP PIM search is enabled, LDAP ALP search is enabledLDAP: Create 0x00c10a8c
[CFG] LDAP Info: Host Name =

I might be on the wrong track, but I hope this helps

Please use plain text.