Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

activating email on my blackberry 8100 pearl

have recently purchased my pearl ( off ebay !!! ) whilst waiting for a new storm on an upgrade .... the email is still registered to the previous owner on a previous orange contract ..... i have contacted orange and they inform me that the previous owner would have to contact them to remove the email account ..

wouldnt you know that the guy is now no longer able to be contacted !! does anybody know of a way around this ?? is there an unlocking service out there or can blackberry themselves unlock it ??

help !!!

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: activating email on my blackberry 8100 pearl

No, unlocking does not perform that function.

The only way is for the previous user OR the carrier to remove the PIN from the previous account. The carrier will normally do it, but they don't have to do so, as you have discovered. Usually, explaining that you have bought the device used and asking very nicely, they will.

But that is the only option. 

Otherwise, if you purchased on eBay, return to the seller and get your money back.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code